follow url Welfare Statement including Child Protection Policy
Wolverhampton & Bilston A.C is committed to creating and maintaining the safest possible environment for children and young persons, particularly those under the age of 18, to practise all forms of athletics.
We do this by:
- Recognising that the child’s welfare is paramount and that their participation in athletics should be in an enjoyable and safe environment whatever their age, ability gender, race, religious belief sexuality or social status.
- Ensuring that all our staff and volunteers are carefully selected and accept responsibility for helping to prevent the abuse of children in their care.
- Recognising that adults involved at the club have a duty of care to young athletes. To protect them from bullying abuse and undue pressure in training and competitions whether it be from coaches, managers, other athletes or parents.
- Responding swiftly to all allegations of abuse in consultation levitra with the appropriate agency where required and providing parents and children with the opportunity to voice any concerns them may have.
- Appointing a Child Protection Officer who will take specific responsibility for child safety and act as the main point of contact for parents, children and outside agencies.
- Adopting National Governing Bodies Policies and Codes of Conduct for all officials, coach’s parent/carers of young athletes.
- Ensuring that access to confidential information is restricted to the child welfare officers or appropriate external authorities.
- Reviewing the effectiveness of our child welfare policy annually at the relevant committee meeting.
Our Welfare officers are Gayle Gilbody Mobile No 07792 791765 and Mark Marshall Mobile No 07969 098305.
See more information on the pdf below: