The official results are now in on www.midlandathletics.org.uk, I am pleased to say that we have recruited Tess Parkinson as a new contributor to the site. This is her first report:
Stafford Common, Saturday 26th January 2103
The Senior Ladies team had an excellent result in the Midland Cross Country Championships in spite of challenging underfoot conditions throughout the 7 km course. The entire course consisted of snow, deep mud and slush, making it one of the hardest courses of the season. However, we persevered and finished in a respectable 5th place out of 26 teams – excellent! We had a total of 14 runners today which was a fantastic turnout. After myself, Audrey was next through in a great time of 27.53, then Deb in 29.22, Kathryn in 30.16, Vicki 31.10, Jackie 31.44, closely followed by Rachel in 31.51, Carrie in 34.06, Kate in 35.46, Rae 36.28, Hannah 40.26, team manager Trish in 40.50, Rozenn in 42.13, and Jan in 50.54. Cracking stuff girls, keep it up for the next league race at Cheltenham in February.
Tess is very modest and she neglects to say that she came 11th in 26:43 , which was by far the best result for any of our adult runners. The Ladies team in 5th place Conditions were very difficult, go onto our Facebook pages to have a look at some of the photos.
The weather stayed fine and the atmosphere was great. There is a great deal of competition as to who is the best baker in the club between J Toddington and Debby Blakeman. Deb was the narrow winner this week with her chocolate buy synthroid 200 mcg cake and cookies beating the Toddington flap jack. The next round of the Great Aldersley Bake Off will be coming soon. The “boss” Colin Thompson provided us with chip butties and pizza when we got back to Fordhouses Cricket Club. Also thanks to Paul Tabor and Pete Stark for helping with the tent and the numbers. A great afternoon much better than watching the Wolves!
John Abbiss reports on the juniors “It is has never been the easiest of courses but in yesterdays snow it was abominable”
- Under 13 Boys: Ryan Hodgkiss 4th, Reagan Mills 66th, Joe Morris 85th, Harry Dial 86th .Ryan was just 4 seconds behind the winner, the first three runners were all from Bath.
- Under 13 Girls: Ash Miles 19th, Amelia Samuels 41st, Beth Tabor 92nd, Lucy Evans 95th
- Under 15 Boys : Jamie Ward 19th, Harry Halford 42nd,Harry Cresswell 43rd, Alex Reiss 61st, Harry Archer 81st, Jannick Pool 90th
- Under 17:Women: Hannah Campion 19th
- Under 15 Girls: Rebecca Darby 69th, Leah Rutter 76th
- Under 17 Men: Jack Bonser 57th, Dan Watling 63rd. This race was won by Abdi Abdi from Birchfield who has won the league cross countries an athlete to follow.
John suspects our Under 20 men and Under 20 women were down at the Moulineux.
The mens race despite the conditions was still a class event.It was won by Conor Murphy from Leicester Triathlon Club, James Walsh who has won for the last two years was 9th and Tipton’s Martin Williams was 24th. We were 11th in the team event our scorers were Paul Hammond 80th, Dan Brazier 81st, Mark Moore 101st, Ross Edgley 118th, Ian Pincher 148th.